STI is a world leader and innovator in vehicle transfer conveyors and is expanding rapidly in the US and European markets. STI is in a state of rapid growth and is highly invested in innovation. STI will be expanding its product offering into new areas of automated systems, and seeks to broaden the range and scalability of its current product lines.
STI has a very dynamic working environment with a hands-on approach to Engineering and product development. STI has experienced a 4X growth in the last year.
Our sales activities are in need of dedicated technical support function. This support requires strong working knowledge of project design process, creative detailing, specifications, and overall building systems in communicating with architects. The function requires design and detailing pertaining to car wash pit drawings. Management of responses to Contractor’s RFI’s and clarification requests are a major component of this role. Technical Sales also includes the dispatching and coordination of Service Technicians as it relates to addressing remedial resolution to design issues that may arise.
As an auxiliary function, the successful candidate may be asked to assist in Product Development, Manufacturing Systems and Test Equipment. These activities may include the design and detailing of product components and assemblies, production fixtures, CAD updates, configuration of parts and assemblies for new applications, updating BOMS, verifying completeness and accuracy of drawings and data cards.
- High performer – Honours level as normal operating mode.
- The candidate should be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Self-regulated in assessing importance to putting extra time in when appropriate.
- Good organizational, communication and administrative skills will be important to the overall job responsibilities.
- Attention to detail, and the ability to complete assignments with a thorough and methodical approach.
- Must be friendly, personable and able to build harmonious working relationships with clients and co-workers.
- Service minded and equally comfortable working independently or within a team.
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications
Desired Skills & Experience
- A Technologist Diploma or University Degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- Previous experience with contracts and projects administration.
- Some experience with PDM and manufacturing and quality control systems would be an asset.
- The successful candidate should have a strong background in Mechanical Design, SOLIDWORKS, Automated Systems, and ideally should possess some hands-on mechanical skills either from personal interest projects or job related experience.